Monday, March 12, 2007

Litterbox Psychosis Unveiled


I'm posting this to push my last post down. I had a feeling it was putting off my more sensitive reader demographic. Also, I post this because it's bloody fascinating.

From Boing Boing:

"Cory Doctorow: Vann sez, "As a follow-up to Cory's entry in January of last year on how toxoplasmosis may alter people's moods (women become more friendly; men become more paranoid), recent studies suggest that infection by the parasite may also cause people to become more prone to feeling guilty, develop schizophenia, have auto accidents, or be born male."

U.S. Geological Survey biologist Kevin Lafferty has linked high rates of toxoplasmosis infection in 39 countries with elevated incidences of neuroticism, suggesting the mind-altering organism may be affecting the cultures of nations.

...more

No comments: